A great deal of research has recently appeared relative to the linkage between oral health and general health. The Oral Systemic Link website provides information specific to various diseases and the linkage.
"Improving the Oral Health of Pregnant Women and Young Children : Opportunities for Oral Care and Prenatal Care Provider"
Download the documents here.
The document was developed to influence oral care and prenatal care providers in Saskatchewan toward a better understanding of the importance and safety of oral care during pregnancy so oral care becomes part of routine prenatal care.
The following organizations/groups provided a letter of support. We are pleased to have support from a variety of oral care and health care organizations/groups:
- Athabasca Health Authority - Dental Program
- Breastfeeding Committee for Saskatchewan
- Canadian Dental Hygienists Association
- Cypress Health Region - Dental Health Education Program
- Five Hills Health Region - Dental Health Promotion Program
- Kelsey Trail Health Region - Community Health Services
- Medical Health Officers Council of Saskatchewan
- Prairie North Health Region - Oral Health Program
- Prince Albert Parkland Health Region - Dental Health Promotions Program
- Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region - Population and Public Health, Oral Health Program
- Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses
- Saskatchewan Dental Assistants’ Association
- Saskatchewan Dental Hygienists’ Association
- Saskatchewan Dental Public Health Network
- Saskatchewan Dental Therapists Association
- Saskatchewan Public Health Nurse Managers Committee
- Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association
- Saskatoon Health Region - Population and Public Health
- Sun Country Health Region - Population Health, Dental Health Program