- Needle stick/sharps injury/human bite–remove gloves or clothing covering the injured area; ensure it bleeds and is washed well with soap and water. Use alcohol gel if soap and water is unavailable.
- Splash to Eyes – flush eyes with running water for 15 minutes at nearest eye wash station, or if unavailable, with running water out of a tap for 15 minutes. If the exposed person wears contact lenses, the lenses need to be removed before eyes are flushed.
- Splash to Nose or Mouth – flush the area well with running water for 15 minutes. If splash to nose, blow nose first then flush.
- Non Intact Skin – wash area well with soap and running water for 15 seconds. Use alcohol gel if soap and water is unavailable.
- The worker is to inform their supervisor that the incident has occurred.
- The supervisor will complete an incident report with the Workers Compensation Board.
A complete list of considerations are as LISTED