- Goals of the EPDS:
- • To reduce dental decay
- • To contribute to the healthy development of at risk mothers, infants, preschool and school age children
- • To reduce the rate of oral surgeries on children under general anaesthesia in hospital setting.
- Enhanced Preventive Dental Services
- 1. Oral health assessments provided through Child Health Clinics of children starting at two months to age five;
- 2. Consultation to pre-post natal women whom are identified at high risk;
- 3. Referral for follow-up to an appropriate oral health professional for children with treatment needs;
- 4. Follow-up in the community by regional dental health staff for children who have dental treatment under general anesthesia in hospitals;
- 5. Fluoride varnish;
- 6. Dental sealants
"Improving the Oral Health of Pregnant Women and Young Children : Opportunities for Oral Care and Prenatal Care Provider"
Download the documents here.
The document was developed to influence oral care and prenatal care providers in Saskatchewan toward a better understanding of the importance and safety of oral care during pregnancy so oral care becomes part of routine prenatal care.
The following organizations/groups provided a letter of support. We are pleased to have support from a variety of oral care and health care organizations/groups:
- Athabasca Health Authority - Dental Program
- Breastfeeding Committee for Saskatchewan
- Canadian Dental Hygienists Association
- Cypress Health Region - Dental Health Education Program
- Five Hills Health Region - Dental Health Promotion Program
- Kelsey Trail Health Region - Community Health Services
- Medical Health Officers Council of Saskatchewan
- Prairie North Health Region - Oral Health Program
- Prince Albert Parkland Health Region - Dental Health Promotions Program
- Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region - Population and Public Health, Oral Health Program
- Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses
- Saskatchewan Dental Assistants’ Association
- Saskatchewan Dental Hygienists’ Association
- Saskatchewan Dental Public Health Network
- Saskatchewan Dental Therapists Association
- Saskatchewan Public Health Nurse Managers Committee
- Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association
- Saskatoon Health Region - Population and Public Health
- Sun Country Health Region - Population Health, Dental Health Program
Health Care professionals involved in public planning assure health care workers that a pandemic will be part of our future as health care workers. Health Districts and emergency planning departments have developed policies to assist businesses to deal with a pandemic. You may find the information contained in the following link to the Saskatoon Health Region recommendations helpful.
Download document here.
Visit the website here.
Please be advised that GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has issued a consumer advisory today warning consumers of the potential health risk from long-term excessive use of GSK's zinc-containing denture adhesive Poli-Grip 'Advanced Care', Extra Strength' and 'Ultra Fresh'.
Download document here.